Templates provide a quick start when responding to reviews and customer questions. Here's how to get started.
What are response templates?
Response templates are pre-populated answers that your team can use to quickly respond to reviews and questions. They may include things like the greeting, contact information for the consumer affairs team, or answers to common questions. While we recommend that you avoid submitting boilerplate responses to reviews, templates can provide structure and get your team started quickly.
Check out our video walkthrough:
How to set up response templates
- Go to Account on the left, green, menu.
- Click on the Response Templates tab at the top of the page.
- To add a new template, click on the + Add Template button.
- A window will open where you can enter a name for the template and the type of responses it applies to (either reviews or questions). Then type in the text of your template.
- You can use custom fields to organize your templates by language, brand, sentiment, review topic, or other categories.
- You can enter tokens enclosed in '< >' symbols to auto-populate the template with the review author's name, the product name, or other information.
- Click Save Template
- You can edit or delete your templates from the Account > Response Templates page.
Remember, email addresses and phone numbers are not allowed in Amazon Q&A. See the full list of Guidelines for answering Amazon questions
Example response templates
For negative reviews:
- Hi <author>,
Thank you for your review. We take feedback seriously so please don't hesitate to contact us directly. You can find our contact information in our profile linked to this reply.
- Hello <author>,
We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our <product>. We take your feedback seriously. Please call the number on the back of the Nature Valley box to request a full refund.
For positive reviews:
- Hi <author>,
What an amazing review! We love hearing how our customers are enjoying the product. Hope to hear more regarding your adventures in the future.
For frequently-asked questions:
- Yes, our protein bars are completely gluten free!
How to use response templates
- Go to Products > Reviewbox on the left, green, menu.
- Click on the checkbox next to the Review in the grid.
- Click Leave a Reply and the response window will open in the center of the page.
- If you have categorized your templates, like in this example, you will see a filter box for each of the categories (or custom fields) you have set up.
- Select a template from the Select Template(s) dropdown. The text will be auto-filled in the text box.
- Select a response account, if applicable. This controls the way that you are identified to the customer.
- You may edit the template text or add another template into the text box (see Stackable Templates, below).
- When you are happy with your response, click on Submit Response. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to submit the response. If it looks good, click Yes.
You can combine more than one template in your response. For example, you might have a template for the opening sentence of the response, one for the middle, and one for the ending. Each of these templates must be saved in your account first, and then you can pick and combine them in your response. An example of stackable review responses is below.
- --generic opening--
"Hi <author>, Thank you for your review of <product>."
- -- if the review has to do with the product --
"We take your feedback seriously so please don't hesitate to contact us directly. You can find our contact information on the product package."
- -- if the review is about the product warranty --
"We offer a limited warranty on all our products. Please visit us at www.brand.com to check your warranty status."
We're here to help. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need training on templates.