This report provides percent Buy Box ownership for each ASIN (or SKU) and also tracks Buy Box ownership over time per merchant. The Lost Buy Box report is specific to the Amazon.com and international Amazon marketplaces.
Lost Buy Box Report
This report provides percent Buy Box ownership for each ASIN (or SKU). You may download the report in Excel or csv format, or view it within the Reviewbox application.
When you create an Advanced Buy Box Report, you can customize it with the following options:
- Set a custom name for the report
- Set the date range for the reviews to include. Options include: Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month, This Year, Last Year, Last 30 Days, Last 60 Days, Last 90 Days, All, or enter a custom date range.
- Include all products? You have the option to include all the products in your catalog, or to manually select which ones to include in the report.
- Recurring export? You have the option to set up a recurring report that will auto-generate each day, week, or month. If you select a recurring report, you will have the option to have the file sent to your cloud storage, or to have it emailed to a list of addresses.
- Finally, there is a notes field for you to record any notes about your custom report.
- Click Submit to generate the report. You will then be directed to the Downloads page within Reviewbox to access your report in Excel format.
The Reviewbox Reports page shows each of your active reports. You can open the Buy Box Report by clicking View. This opens the report in the Reviewbox page. You can also download the Excel or csv version, or share the report with someone.
The Percent Buy box Ownership section displays a graph of the total percent buy box ownership by merchant during the specified time period for a given product. A separate graph is generated for each Amazon marketplace (such as Amazon US, Amazon.uk, Amazon.de, or Amazon.ca).
In the charts, the buy box owner may be one of three options: ‘Amazon’ is the merchant; ‘3p’ indicates any other sellers besides Amazon; or ‘blank’ for when no merchant has the buy box. A ‘blank’ merchant may occur when the item is out of stock and/or no buy box is shown on the product detail page. However, the product may still be available from other 3p merchants by clicking on “See All Buying Options” on the product detail page. An example of the percent buybox ownership graph is shown below. If you hover over the graph in the Reviewbox online report, you can see the exact values of the buy box percentage for each product.
Note, only the first 16 products are shown in the online version of the report, and 25 products are shown in the excel version.
The Historical Buy box Ownership graph displays the percent buy box ownership for amazon, 3p, and blank (no merchant) for each day over the selected time range, aggregated across all products. An example of the graph is shown below. If you hover over the graph, you can see the exact values of the buy box percentage on each day.
The Advanced Buy Box Report is also provided as an excel file (*.xlsx) with the filename prefix “AdvandedBuyBoxReport”. The report contains three sheets: Report_info, BuyboxOwnershipPerAsin, and HistoricalBuybox.
- The Report_Info sheet contains some explanatory information.
- The BuyboxOwnershipPerAsin sheet contains the same information and graph as the Percent Buybox Ownership section of the online report. It displays the buybox ownership (either amazon, 3p, or blank (no merchant)) for a given product during the report timeframe.
- The HistoricalBuybox sheet provides the percent buybox ownership over the report timeframe aggregated for all products. This is the same content as the Historical Buybox Ownership graph above.