The Share of Voice Report shows the percent of search results that your products have captured.
Share of Voice Report
This report analyzes what percentage of the search page your listings are occupying for a specific search term. You can view the percentage of organic search results and sponsored listing spots you have captured, as well as identify your top competitors for those spots. The data is also provided in a week-over-week comparison. The Share of Voice report is useful for the following:
- Identify changes in the percent of spots within the first few pages of search results occupied by your listings
- Be aware of changes in the search rank of your top-selling items
- Understand which competitors (brands and specific items) are also ranking on specific search terms
- Identify or verify search terms that would be good additions to an Amazon advertising campaign
Share of Voice Report: Set Up Options
When you set up a Share of Voice report, you can customize it with the following options:
- Set a custom name for the report. The default name is ‘SOVReport’.
- Set the Date Range for the search results. Options include: Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Week, This Month, Last Month, This Year, Last Year, Last 30 Days, Last 60 Days, Last 90 Days, All, or enter a custom date range.
- Maximum page results: Specify the number of pages of results you want to include for each search term. Options include: 1st page, 2nd page, … up to the 10th page of search results.
- How would you like to view results? Select how to group the results: by week or by month.
- How would you like to group keywords? By custom fields or manually (by search term). If you have entered any custom fields for your search terms, you can choose to group the share of voice calculations by one of these fields. Otherwise, you can include or exclude each search term individually.
- Select search terms for detailed performance data. You can select up to ten search terms for an informative analysis of your catalog's performance.
- Recurring export? You have the option to set up a recurring report that will auto-generate each day, week, or month. If you select a recurring report, you will have the option to have the file sent to your cloud storage, or to have it emailed to a list of addresses, each time it is generated.
- Finally, there is a notes field for you to record any notes about your custom report.
- Click Submit to generate the report. You will then be directed to the Downloads page within Reviewbox to access your report in Excel format.
Share of Voice Report: Viewed in Reviewbox
The Reviewbox Reports page shows each of your active reports. You can open the Share of Voice Report by clicking View. This opens the report in the Reviewbox page. You can also download the Excel version, or share the report with someone.
Overall Share of Voice
The first item shown in the report is a graph of the overall percent Share of Voice for organic and sponsored listings across your entire catalog and all selected search terms during the time range you selected.
Detailed Share of Voice by Term
The next item is a graph of the percent Share of Voice for organic and sponsored listings broken out by search term during the time range you selected. If you hover over the graph, you can see the exact values of the organic and sponsored share of voice for each term.
Share of Voice Report: Viewed in Excel
The Share of Voice Report is also provided as an excel file (*.xlsx). The report contains multiple sheets depending on how many search terms you are tracking.
- The Category Insights Overview sheet provides an overview of the Share of Voice for each of your search terms during your selected timeframe. The product listings tracked as part of your Reviewbox catalog are labeled as “Your Brand” and the top five competitor brands are also listed. SoV results for organic listings are on the left and sponsored results are on the right.
- The Organic Category Timeseries sheet shows the organic share of voice over time within your selected grouping or custom fields. There is a graph of SoV over time as well as separate tables of data and graphs for each week or month.
- The Sponsored Category Timeseries sheet shows the sponsored share of voice over time within your selected grouping or custom fields. There is a graph of SoV over time as well as separate tables of data and graphs for each week or month.
- There may be multiple Term Insights sheets, one for each search term. These sheets provide detailed Share of Voice percentages for each search term during your selected timeframe. The product listings tracked as part of your Reviewbox catalog are labeled as “Your Brand” and the top five competitor brands are also identified and listed. SoV results for organic listings are on the left and sponsored results are on the right.